Monday, August 4, 2008

A More Concentrated Effort

Greetings and salutations,

So, tonight I was reminded of my failing effort to blog. A dear friend flattered me stating that he'd love to read it. This brings a funny thought to mind...what is love? At nearly 23 love is nothing I've much experience with. As a self-proclaimed empath (one who can possess emotional sympathy) I know I've been around those who feel love, but I an ignorant to the feeling.

Love...is like Life. It exists and one can chose what to make of it. Just like life you can live...or Live. Suppose that'd be something similar to love. You can love, or Love?

...
So, this effort seems to be failing once more. I'm talking in riddles and it's too much work at the moment. This started when that friend wished luck to all those he's fond of as those embark on the beginnings of their Res. Life adventure (Fall Training). I mentioned earlier that I'm to be the "old guy" in the room. Now might be a good point to further explanation.

I started my journey way back when in 2004. My freshman year roommate was Phil Ross, a 3rd year at that point. He inspired me to work towards growth and shoot for learning opportunities. He's also the spark that led to my first-ever OTM (September 2004 Student Of the Month). Then I was the QHA President, 6NW RA, RHA PCC, and now I'm to be the VP for TJHA.

Anyone confused? ;)

I shall explain:

Freshman - Overly involved with figuring myself out. Inspired to present Sticky Topics Series of Programs (a diversity series where people sit and talk...sounds simple right? shame it doesn't happen enough). Prospective TJHA (Thomas Jefferson Hall Association) President...but moved to the Quad, involved in RHA (Residence Hall Association) and SUB (Student Union Board)

Summer - Summer Camp Counselor

Sophomore - QHA (Quadrangle Hall Association) President (due to moving second semester freshman year from 753 to Kelly 12) This year I decided to come out during Fall Training

Junior - RA (Resident Assistant) in Thomas Jefferson Hall floor 6 North-West. Discovered true passion for Residential Life and realized the impact I can have. I love helping others learn and grow. Joined the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)

Senior - RHA (Residential Hall Association) PCC (Programming Communications Coordinator) ; equivalent to the NPR (National Programming Representative), NRHH Vice-Pres, and ...more.

And those are just some highlights...

I've gone through two and a half Fall Trainings and three Winter Workshops.

Summation...there'll be a lot asked of me. Am I ready? Will I be ready? Do I want to be ready? All quesitons I'll have to answer as the year goes by.

Until that happens...

Pakh out (with...)

No comments: