The year is nearly over. With this being the last day in April I sit in contemplation and reflection of the years gone by.
Last night I attended my last Residence Hall Association meeting as one who has speaking and voting rights. On Tuesday I attended my last Thomas Jefferson Hall Association meeting, period. Also on Tuesday I attended my last Residential Life "Banquet".
Five years ago, I knew I'd be involved. I knew that what I was beginning as an over-eager freshman would not leave me soon. I knew that I was happy and that I'd grow in whatever I endeavored. I knew that there would be times of great triumph and that my legacy was ever forming.
I did not know that I'd continue to carry on and care for the residents best interests. I did not know that I would many times feel like giving up due to lack of respect or appreciation when it really mattered. I did not know that I would invest so much sweat, patience, tears, conversation and yes, sometimes blood into those that took the time to get to know me in the five years to come.
At times now, I think back at what I've done and wonder how I'll be remembered. Will those that dislike me now take a step back and see my true intentions? Will those that like me now continue to do so? Will those bonds of friendship and family be severed due to petty arguments? Will I be able to maintain and continue into my chosen field of Residential Life at another university's campus? Have I taught anybody about servant leadership, or does it all chalk up to irony?
On the verge of the completion of my Residential Life tenure at Missouri S&T, I do not know the answers to the questions I seek. I do know that I've a summer and a semester left.
This summer I'm to be the Student Union Board Secretary, live off-campus in my new apartment, and seek Fall employment. In the Fall I'm to complete the courses required for graduation, serve as the President of the Beta Nu Chapter of Delta Lambda Phi and serve as the Director for the Student Union Board's Performing and Diversity Arts Committee. Who knows, I might still be involved in the National Residence Hall Honorary and may attend a couple RHAs.
In closing, I'd like to make amends to those that may have been wronged by my doings in my constant search for growth and development. No one's perfect and I certainly have my flaws.
Suppose only time will tell.
Pakh out
I can see right through your eyes
14 years ago

1 comment:
I realized the other night that what I'm going to miss most is the walk back to my apartment from the laundry room. Rolla at night. When pretty much the whole town quiets down and the weather is nice and I can just walk around and enjoy the peacefulness of it all. I doubt I'm going to find that in Saint Louis.
Post a Comment